My night out with MP (single girlfriend) and DN (single boyfriend) was planned last week. Not only would it be a night out but also a sleepover. Even though last week was a short week, my department was running two programs on Tuesday and Thursday - so, I was a bit tired when the work week came to an end. I got home Friday night and immediately asked Mike if he wanted to go for 1/2 price appetizers at West 50 (on Tuesday, I had gone to On the Curve with an old high school friend and got the same deal). We got back home and I tried to take a nap for about an hour. I couldn't sleep. I was tired but I was too nervous and paranoid that I was going to let my single friends down. I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them and drink until the wee hours of the night. I haven't been out since...hmm...I can't even remember!
I got ready and hoped that I wouldn't get sleepy. MP and I arrived at DN's condo around 10 pm. We started pre-drinking while watching the Olympics. Beer and my non-interest for the Olympics began to make me sleepy. Even the skeleton guy winning the gold medal didn't wake me up. I was ready for bed. Finally at 11:30 pm, MP and DN said it was time to head out...and so our night begins. I won't go into details about the night but here are some of the highlights:
- "I came back from the washroom and you guys didn't talk to me"
- "Give us shots that don't have raspberry, apple or cream in it. Shit - it has banana liquer in it. I hate banana but I will take one of the team"
- "Do you come here often? I've seen you here before. I come here by myself"
- Douchebag with a Che truck hat
- David "I want to show you Mars" with the smokes
- Lindsay Lohan telling me that champagne will make me puke
- Trying to get into For Your Eyes Only - only to be turned away because it was too late
- "No DN, you've got beer googles on"
- Chicken Nuggets and Spicy Szechwan sauce is not good at all
- Me: "Are you interested in watching a movie after work?", DN: "No!"
The rest of the weekend was a write-off for me. It seems that as you get older, your recovery time from a night of drinking takes longer than normal.
P.S. - if you haven't already, please go out and watch Valentine's Day. This movie is awesome - it's got an all-star cast, so many funny moments and an great soundtrack. MP - if you are reading this, Joss Stone sings the song, 4 and 20.
Search and Download More Music Free